Announcing the Blog For Family Dinner Project
A Blogger Community to Promote Family Dinner
Release Date: July 30, 2011
The Blog for Family Dinner Project will celebrate family dinner by providing a platform for inspiration, advice and discussion on the benefits, and challenges, of family dinner with stories from popular and emerging bloggers in the areas of food, nutrition, parenting, health, the environment and more.
What: Starting in August 2011, the Blog for Family Dinner Project (B4FD) will collect blog posts and personal stories about family dinner from bloggers, writers, parents and other supporters. We will solicit stories and opinions people from all walks of life and all notions of family, and will select the best submissions to be “Featured B4FD Bloggers” during the month-long promotion. We want fresh, honest, diverse opinions, so we will not dictate the content or copy of blogger submissions. We will provide resources and up-to-date research about family dinner for participating bloggers, such as the Family Dinner Fact Sheet or approved information from our partners. Expected topics will range from the joys of time around the family table to the daily struggles of making it happen in busy families. Tips and recipes on healthy food shopping, meal planning, cooking will be featured as well as parenting and relationship strategies and health research findings. The goal of the site is to inspire families of all kinds to make the commitment to family meals and give them tools to make the commitment easier.
When: The B4FD Project will be an intensive month-long promotion of the benefits and challenges of family meals from September 26 (Family Day) to October 24 (Food Day), 2011. We will begin accepting submissions starting in August 2011 on the blogforfamilydinner.org website.
Who: The B4FD Project was launched as a not-for-profit collaboration by EatDinner.org, Time at the Table, and Dinner Together with a mission to create a community for bloggers who believe in the power of family dinner and want to inspire families to make family meals a part of their life.
Join the movement of people, parents, bloggers and organizations who support family dinner! To get involved, visit www.blogforfamilydinner.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter (@blog4famdinner) and Facebook.
How to participate:
- Add your name to the list of participants or supporters of family dinner
- Write a Blog post about family dinner on your own site and let us know about it, so we can cross-promote and link to it, with your permission. (It can be an older post or a new one.)
- Submit a family dinner blog post for consideration as a B4FD Daily Featured Blog for the month of September 26 to October 24, 2011.
- Promote the Blog for Family Dinner Project on your site (get the badge, write directly about the promotion, link to us, share via social media)
- Contribute research, literature, or other resources to be shared with the B4FD blogger community
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com